Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of School!

Yikes!

I honestly thought my friends were crazy insane when they stressed out & cried when their little ones went to school. I always thought - shouldn't their kids be stressed out not them?

Fast forward to my new "Mom" life & I honestly don't think I will sleep tonight. All I can think of is Skylar going to her new school. I am thinking about whether she will remember the way to her class, whether the lunch I packed is "appropriate", whether I remembered all the forms, whether she has all she needs supplies wise, whether the kids will be nice to her, whether she will find someone to be her lunch buddy, whether she will see the board with her new glasses, OMG - I am a mess!

Thankfully she is sleeping peacefully & though a little nervous she is calmed by my continuous affirmation that she is the absolute cutest & friendliest kid & her only problem will be too many friends. This brings a huge smile to her face & seems to calm her. Now - what can I do to calm me???????

1 comment:

  1. I know!! Jordan starts on Monday. I have anxiety. I think more than she does!

    I used to have a friend whose mom just basically opened up her lunch bag and threw in a handful of granola bars, fruit by the foots, gushers, etc. She never had a sandwich and was ALWAYS super jealous of mine and would trade me a handful of processed goodies for my ham and lettuce sandwich. It worked out for both of us!

    ReplyDelete