Saturday, August 21, 2010

Girls & Sleepovers


Why is it that girls are obsessed with sleepovers? Or shall we call them what they really are - wakeovers.

Skylar was invited to a sleepover birthday party by one of her BFF's Angelina & all week it is all she has talked about. One moment she was not going - the next she was going but only til midnight, the next going but taking a cell phone just in case. Finally I had to tell her that it wasn't fair to keep Angelina hanging & she needed to make a solid decision & stick with it. Only half an hour before the party did she finally make her final, final, final decision - she would stay the whole night & both her & Angelina were giddy!

She packed her 4 bags (yep for one night & she is only 8) and then off she trekked across the street. I was kind of sad to see her go & worried about if she got scared, homesick, if she was going to walk in her sleep - I was more stressed out than she was!

D'Arcy & I placed bets on when she would be coming home but she wowed us both & came home the next morning with nothing but smiles! Now she of course had next to no sleep (much like mommy!) but I was so happy to see her just enjoy being a little girl. She needs more of that & I love that she is slowly letting go of her self protection & enjoying having fun with kids & being a kid!

I guess now it is my turn to invite some of her BFF's for a sleepover? Oh Lord have mercy! Maybe when both Skylar & I catch up on some much needed sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Skylar! Don't worry, Mommy will get used to it!

    I know, I scoff, but I'll be just as bad. Jordan went to VBS the other day and apparently she was a little teary after Steven left her there, and I was so worried about leaving her the next night (even though she apparently got over the tears real quick)!

    ReplyDelete