Friday, August 13, 2010

Blah . . .

Well the past few days I can honestly say I have not been the best Mommy I should be. I have been so tired I could cry & it is almost like the girls can sense that & go on the attack!

Being a Mommy is the absolute best thing in the world but I can honestly say it is also one of the hardest. Today I just wanted to crawl into bed & pull the covers over my head & hide or better still call a sitter & check into a hotel for a night BY MYSELF!

But just when I think I am not going to make it to the next second I hear Sadie saying Ma Ma and Skylar gives me a necklace she made that says "MOM". She hasn't yet called me Mom but today that necklace meant the world to me. You forget they are just kids - and you forget they truly aren't trying to push you over the edge they are just trying to make it to the next second too. I forget that too often!

Well off to cuddle with my Skylar & read some books. I love bedtime!

1 comment:

  1. Bedtime is awesome!

    I know how you feel. there are days when it honestly seems that they're out to get me, that they're actually plotting stuff to make me upset.

    And yeah, they're just kids, and we're only human too, and the little things make the big bad days okay sometimes.

    I hope you get that "Mom" soon!

    ReplyDelete