Friday, July 9, 2010

Wowee Stuff!

Okay - I do understand that I am a bit of a neat/organizing freak. But I cannot believe how much "stuff" kids have.

Going to do errands isn't as simple as grabbing my purse & car keys anymore. It means ensuring everyone has gone to the bathroom, packing snacks, packing a bottle, packing a diaper, packing a few toys to keep Sadie busy & happy, ensuring everyone's hair & teeth are brushed, and the list does go on. Wowee! Sometimes I have more baggage than what I would take on a vacation & I will be home at suppertime.

Now all that stuff doesn't include the "stuff" that comes with kids. Clothes for all seasons, shoes, jewellery, toys, dolls, crafts, purses, books, stuffed animals, movies, every nic nac paddy wack you can imagine!

And everything has to be kept. This is something I must admit I struggle with. They don't even remember the toy yet they have to keep it. The cotton wad with one googly eye is their favourit-est craft ever. And lets not forget the valentines addressed to some boy in your class - he didn't want them & gave them to you so you need to keep all 40 of those too. AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG!

Well I am inclined to wait til they are out & "purge" but I also remember being that age & doing the exact same thing & miraculously I don't have those nic nac paddy wacks anymore (well okay maybe a few boxes in the basement but no one needs to know that).

The best part of all? I have two gorgeous girls with TONNES of stuff that I get to complain about. Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. The stuff drives me crazy!! My house is increasingly more full of toys all the time - and it seems that every birthday, holiday, Christmas, etc. they get more. AND people feel the need to buy each kid a present at each birthday so they're not all jealous. Cuz, you know, it's horrible to teach the kids that sometimes we can honour someone else...

    As far as paintings, pictures, everything scribbled on? I keep my favorites and sneak the rest into the recycling bin when they're not looking. I know, horrible mommy, but they colour something every day. Usually on five sheets of paper. Each. I can't handle it! :)

    ReplyDelete