Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bedtime On Time - Seriously Possible?

I take comfort in the fact that I am a gal of routine & organization. As a new mommy this works well for me - generally.

Sadie has her bath & we plunk her in bed around 6:30 & she drifts off to la la land. She is amazing at bed time.

Then there is Skylar. We decided 8 would be her new bed time now that she is 8. I can honestly say that we have not once hit that mark. I honestly do try & she is a really good at doing what she is asked. But we just cannot seem to achieve the goal. With it being summer holidays I don't worry too much about her being up later. That is what holidays are about. I am concerned though that I we will have to start a bedtime routine at 7 to get her in bed by 8.

As I write this I think I might be slowing going crazy. Wow - what is the big deal right? Why am I so anal. Hmmmmmmmmmm things to think about. Maybe my bedtime should be 8 too? That might make things easier - I like that idea. My laundry & house does not.

1 comment:

  1. Bedtime can be such a chore!! We actually had our kids all hitting the sheets by 8 o'clock, and then we changed things by rearranging the bedrooms. We moved Mitchie in with Tennyson and Jordan into the other room to await the baby.

    It wrecked everything! lol.

    Mitchie learned how to leap from his crib, and now we can't keep him in bed no matter how hard we try. He's a stinker. He snags Tennyson's blanket or jumps in bed with him and pesters him until Tennyson either cries or socks him one.

    Jordan wasn't too too bad until the baby was born. Now she's super jealous of Mommy's attention and it irks her to no end that the baby is up with us still (does sleeping on a blanket on the couch count as "up"?) and refuses to lay down and fall asleep. She's been acting out quite a bit in the last couple of weeks.

    And we have to start our bedtime stuff at 7 to have them in bed for 8. That includes the bath though, so I guess it's not too bad. Teeth, drink, potty, story, song and prayer have to be started for sure by 7:30.

    I love them, but I NEED them to go to bed too!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete