Monday, June 7, 2010

Water


What is it that excites kids so much? Water! Something so simple - so natural. Skylars eyes light up with the talk of water balloons, pools, water guns, water fights . . . .

She lays in the itty bitty pool - full of smiles & thoroughly enjoying herself. Such a simple pleasure. But that is generally it isn't it? The simple things are the things that we all love so much we just get distracted with all the "clutter" of life.

I remember hours of fun that me & my Lakie cousins had at my Grandma & Grandpa Lakies house. They had a sand box at the side of their house. They had a bucket full of little pots & pans. We were happy to play with the sand & bucket of treasures. But often Grandpa would fill our day with bliss by allowing us to use the water tap at the side of the house too. We would get soaked filling up items & mixing sand, washing things off and doing it all over again.

I am looking forward to more sunny days of simple pleasures with my girls! Hooray for summer. Hooray for water!

No comments:

Post a Comment