Monday, June 14, 2010

Birthday Fun!



All weekend I prayed for sun. I couldn't imagine having 25 people in our little house but God is in control & thankfully he sent Skylar an early birthday present of Sunshine & Swimming weather!

I started this year thinking the very first birthday party I would plan for my child would be on July 21st - when Sadie turned one. But again God is in control & we celebrated our first childs birthday on June 13th (her birthday is actually June 16th). Skylar turned 8 and we couldn't be more thankful for God's plan to bring her to our family.

We had over Lussier Family - Siemens Family (Skylar's & Sadies Birth family) - Murchison Family & dear friends of ours. It was a day of swimming, cupcakes & lots of presents given with much love. I was so impressed with all of our family and friends who embraced Skylar with so much love and generosity. I was teary eyed several times. I know that as a mom I have fallen deeply in lovee with Skylar & can honestly say that I have loved her since the day I met her. I couldn't imagine life without her here. But for friends and family to show such devotion to her really showed me how amazing each of them are. We are blessed in so many ways!

Skylar had an amazing day & today I got to do crafts, crafts, crafts - (thank you to all you mothers who bought her crafts. Just remember your children have birthdays coming!). She read her birthday cards over & over and was thrilled that 90% of them were home made.

Next Saturday we are having another birthday party out at Grandma Siemens in Rosenort. This is for all of Skylar's girl friends at school. I am excited to meet all her friends & see her interact with them. I know she is excited to show her friends her new Mom & Dad & also introduce them to her little sister Sadie. Tinkerbell is the theme & we have gone all out. Did you know they make Tinkerbell Pinatas? So stay tuned for the Tinkerbell Birthday Extravaganza Update!

No comments:

Post a Comment