Thursday, June 3, 2010

Spring Concert

My niece & nephews school in Kleefeld had their Spring Concert tonight so my mom & Sadie & I took the trek to Kleefeld & watched the play. It was absolutely adorable! I love it when teachers keep it short & sweet. The kids had cute costumes & the singing was fun & light & it was finished in 21 minutes. FABULOUS!

Now being Sadies first concert she was a bit taken aback when the lights went down - she began looking around & pointing at the lights. Only to be shocked into attention when the kids began to sang. At which point she seemed to think she was part of the choir & began screaming at the top of her lungs at every lull in the song. Now to me - adorable. To the others surrounding us not so cute.

My sister in her infinite wisdom decided a box of smarties might keep her quiet & occupied. Suddenly Sadie was also the accompaniment & vocal screamer in the play. Although I must say she thoroughly enjoyed singing along & watching the kids in their adorable costumes.

As all good plays must come to an end - so did the Spring Concert. Unfortunately Sadie also experienced her first round of appreciation clapped & nodded no through each round.

All in all I was quite proud that she lasted a few hours after her bedtime & that she got to see the other kids in their play & by my standards (not necessarily the grandma's or other mom's surrounding us) was very good. She loved seeing Chloe as a Turtle. Mind you she would have loved to see Chloe as absolutely anything as long as she was up on stage & accompanied by music!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Looks like we have another little performer in the family. Maybe me, Skylar, and Sadie can start a band. ;)

    ReplyDelete