Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hmmmmmmm

Life is truly a journey! For 10 years we had tried for a family & had failures all along the way. Fast forward to year 11 & I now have two little girls. Sadie - 11 months & Skylar - 7 years old. They journey has been challenging but the end result is AMAZING.

D'Arcy and I are truly smitten with our girls. We often look at eachother & ask one another if this is real. How can we be so blessed! We cherish our time with our girls and can't remember what life was like without them. Home feel just right now. Can't explain it but it is just right.

Sadie has mastered the word "no" and jabbering constantly. She is beyond adorable and one smart cookie. We are thinking she is a genius but you know that is only our humble opinion. Naturally she is absolutely in love with Skylar. All she does is watch her big sister bop around the house.

Skylar is with us on weekends and we miss her terribly during the week. She will be with us forever in July. We can hardly wait. She is our little performer, singer and is absolutely beautiful. She is truly my daughter - she tidies constantly. She is great with Sadie but can't understand why she is always staring at her.

D'Arcy is in heaven in his new "pink" world. He is surrounded by girls & is loving every minute. It is so true that daughters have their Daddy's wrapped around their fingers! He is whipped by our girls. He is banned from going to a toy store alone. I have stopped even mentioning toys that might be nice or good because the next time he goes out he comes home with it. I love seeing him with them. It warms my heart to know how lucky our girls are to have such an amazing Daddy.

I am thoroughly enjoying just being at home & being a Mommy. I have waited a very long time & I am going to savour every single moment! I am loving dressing my girls & decorating their rooms. Planning birthday parties and hearing their dreams. Life is sooooooooooooooooo good.

Well that is my life. It may sound simple & blah but to me it is paradise.

4 comments:

  1. You ARE blessed! I thought i'd be able to read this dry eyed since i was barely awake..but alas i'm sobbing! I'm so happy for you Michelle, and July is very close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and D'Arcy. Enjoy your beautiful daughters! They are blessed to have you and D'Arcy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Great first post, and looking forward to following you and D'Arcy's journey through this crazy parenthood thing. You guys are blessed, and really cool parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michelle - your girls ARE beautiful! And you know, they're blessed too, I'm sure you're an awesome mom.

    Can't wait to hear some more stories about your family!

    ReplyDelete