Thursday, September 24, 2015

Autumn

I love this time of year.  The coolness in the weather.  Being able to open up my windows and let the fresh air in.  Life seems to slow down a bit.  I love wearing sweaters.  Drinking warm coffee & tea.  Snuggling under my blanket.  Even wearing socks & shoes.

But what I love most is I begin to really appreciate the weather & people around me.   Cuz I know what is coming all too soon - Ccccccooooooolllllllllldddddd days.  Last night it seemed every family from our little community was at the park & it was so nice to chat with all the Moms & Dads and savour the beautiful weather & companionship. All too soon we will all be hidden away in our cozy homes isolated from each other again with cold weather & dark evenings.

I am really gonna miss my visits with our neighbours and community friends.  It has been such an awesome summer to get to know so many new friends and I am gonna miss them when we retreat into hibernation.  I also know that my girls are going to miss the spontaneous play dates at the park and visits with their friends, neighbours and furry friends.  

Savouring every last moment! 


No comments:

Post a Comment