Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Snuggles

Last night Sadie had a hard time at bedtime. She was out of sorts & cried quite a bit which is very rare for her at bedtime. Generally she just gets in bed asks for books & says goodnight. But I actually love the nights she needs me. I love to cuddle with her & stroke her hair & have her so close & still. Now that she is so active these moments are few & far between. I often wonder if moms who haven't had a struggle to have children cherish these moments as much as I do. I could sit there all night and hold her.

After leaving Sadies room I crawled into bed with Skylar and had some girl chat with her. Things are so much more interesting when you are whispering them in bed aren't they? I love to snuggle up with her & rub her back while she tells me all about the cute boy in school and every little detail about Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber's visit to Winnipeg. I didn't have those early year snuggles so I want to make sure I get as many as I can now while she lets me. No doubt the older she gets the less we will snuggle but I am gonna fight hard to keep them going as long as I can!

Boo at the Zoo tonight - Pics to come!

1 comment:

  1. I try to cherish the moments, but you're right, sometimes it's so easy to take them for granted!

    I love that you climb into bed with Skylar. I do that with Jordan a few times a week. I'll tuck all the younger ones in and then save her for last and crawl in under the covers with her and she talks about whatever she wants. I love it and she lights up when she realizes that we're going to "have a little cuddle."

    ReplyDelete