Sunday, November 21, 2010

Barf

Well a new portion of my Mommy Training has begun. The "Barf" training. I must say that I am failing miserably in this course!

Skylar was not herself on Friday when she came home from school. Feeling a bit rough. But she desperately wanted to play outside with her friends so we dressed her up in her Winterpeg attire & off she went. I had plans with my best friend Melissa Friday night & came home to a very sick little girl. She was running a fever & was not feeling good to her tummy. I got out the 7Up and the cold cloth & tylenol and worked at getting her fever down. Thankfully her tummy calmed & she was able to sleep for a bit.

Saturday morning Skylar wakes at 6am & is not feeling good. I move her into the living room & get her a bowl & within seconds my girl gets sick. Well I did my very her best to keep Sky's hair out of her face, rubbed her back - BUT - I was gagging like a mad woman & it was not good. Thankfully she had nothing in her tummy except 7Up so things stopped quickly. I excused myself to empty the bowl & spent some time in the bathroom "gathering" myself. She didn't seem to notice me "gagging" behind her back thankfully but still . . . .

I thought that as a Mommy I was suppose to have a stomach of steel when it comes to my girls? I can handle (somewhat) diapers although out of the ordinary accidents (spillage, change in texture, etc) not good. I gag, my eyes water - it is quite sad.

I think of all the times my Mom cared for me when I was sick & I have a whole new respect & love for her. I remember her wiping my face with the cold cloth, rubbing my back as I was sick, and taking care of my every need. Oh and did I mention she never gagged? She had a stomach of steel!

I pray that my girls feel the heartfelt care I work my best to give (despite the gags) and don't notice my shortcomings as much as I do. I may not have a stomach of steel but I will shower my sick little girls with love & pampering just like my Mom did. Cuz that is what I loved when I was little!

1 comment:

  1. Mitchell threw up in his bed last night. I didn't notice it this morning until I walked past him while he was watching tv and smelled "the smell". You can pinpoint barf a mile away. It's gross.

    I'm guessing your mom was pretty grossed out too, but she just didn't show it!!

    Be thankful that she can use the bucket. It'll be worse when it's Sadie. Last winter we had the flu numerous times here, and the only one that would hit the bucket or toilet some of the time was Jordan. And my kids don't just throw up once or twice, oh no, it's DAYS of scrubbing chunks out of the carpet as they take turns heaving all over my house.

    Steven thinks that Mitchie may have thrown up due to a big cough attack. I'm not holding my breath on that, but it would sure be nice.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete