Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sleep . . . .

As I turn the alarm off at 7:30am I think to myself "tonight - I have to get to bed before midnight." Once I am up & my first cup of coffee has been consumed - my desire to run back into the bedroom & jump under those warm & cozy blankets begins to fade.

Shortly after supper the need for my cozy bed begins again. I can hear her calling once all the dishes are in the dishwasher - Sadie is bathed & I sit for a moment to collect my thoughts. But then moments later it is time to fold laundry, put Sadie to bed, get Skylar in the shower, read with Skylar & get Skylar to bed. As I read with Skylar I can hardly keep my eyes open - Come to bed with me Mommy - you look so tired. Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh it is so tempting!

I get Skylar off to sleep & move to making lunches & suddenly I have energy & want to watch all my taped shows, read my book, play my DS, check out face book, chat on the phone, and the list goes on & on.

Dang it - here we go again - it is Midnight!

I guess the draw of "me" time takes precedence over sleeping. The moment the house is quiet & no little bodies are following me around the house or crawling on me I get a new wave of energy. I love these few hours when all is quiet - the girls are snug & safe in bed & I can do my thing without interruption.

But oh boy - tomorrow morning I will start things all over again with "Tonight I am definitely going to get to bed before midnight!" Mmmmhmmmm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment