Friday, October 1, 2010

Over & Over & Over & Over & . . . .

Do you ever get the feeling that your day is filled with things that you do over & over & over again?

I was just doing laundry for the 700th time this week (okay maybe not 700 but it sure feels like it), then loading my dishwasher, making my bed, tidying the bathroom, putting all the towels in the hamper, rinsing the toothpaste splats from in the sink, picking up toys, picking up socks, picking up cheerios, putting away shoes, hanging up jackets, putting jammies in the hamper, putting nightly water glasses in the sink, picking up books, picking up the paper trail (Sadie loves to help Daddy read the morning paper & take pieces all over the house!) - when I realized that I had done each of these tasks daily thousands of times.

So here is what I was thinking. Maybe I should put a small fee onto each of these tasks & bill the appropriate parties. I could make so much money! I mean threatening, mentioning, complaining isn't working so why not charge a fee & make everyone happy. Even if it was a penny I could easily make $5.00 a week. That could be coffee money, ice cream money or maybe even buy a smutty rumour magazine money.

I think I might be onto something here! I just need to make up an easy billing system . . . . . . Hmmmmm - Maybe I could sell the system to other moms? I could be a millionaire & then pay someone else to do these repetitive tasks. Well something to dream about while distracting myself from thinking about doing these things over & over & over & over again right?

(Ahhhhh if only this would work hey?)

No comments:

Post a Comment