Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Sermon is on What???? SEX

Funny Story

So we have not been the best over the last three months on regularly attending church. We have good intentions but don't seem to follow through. We have been meaning to get back into things & finally this week decided to get up & go.

So our children's birth Grandparents came in from Rosenort to go to church with us (okay so now you know why we finally decided to get up & go). We get to church on time (amazing!) and in good spirits. Everyone is dressed nicely & no spills/vomit etc. I take Skylar down to Sunday School - all is good. Drop Sadie off at Nursery & miraculously all is good. We head into the service & after some worship music the lights dim.

Across the screen "Boom Chicka Wa Wa". I kid you not. I think okay - maybe this means a variety of things & I have used this term incorrectly - nope. The topic is sex. Now I have no problem with talking about sex but I am now concerned about the Grandparents. I am engrossed in the sermon when my husband taps me & says - isn't that Sadies number they are flashing - ooops - yep that is & I have to leave (rats - I might have gotten a few tips). I stay with Sadie who suddenly becomes quite alright & playful when I arrive.

Once the service is over I catch D'Arcy's eye & he grins - too funny. Thankfully the Grandparents seem unscathed & get a chuckle out of the whole thing but goodness God has a sense of humour! I guess that is our punishment for being away so long. Gonna do our best to get back into things & to church on a more regular basis. After all he gave us some pretty amazing blessing this last year - Sadie & Skylar.


Thankfully

No comments:

Post a Comment